The Best and Difficult Parts of Homeschooling


 "What is the nicest thing about homeschooling?" I questioned several homeschoolers. "What is the most difficult aspect of homeschooling?" So many of the responses were things that we could all agree on. They're right here.

The Best Part of Homeschooling


  • Freedom 

  • Flexibility

  • Being with my children all-day

  • Witnessing my child's complete exploration of their interests

  • Knowing that this is the best decision for our family

  • I haven't overlooked anything.

  • Spending a lot of time together as a family

  • Seeing how delighted my children are

  • I don't have to prepare lunches or get my children out the door in the morning.

  • My wonderful friendship with my adolescent

  • They are learning at their rate.

  • I have a lot of influence on what my children learn and how quickly they learn it.

  • My relationship with my children

  • How close and involved my children are in one other's daily lives

  • The ability to explore on their terms

  • Understanding what they are learning in homeschooling

  • Seeing your children grow

  • Allowing your children to be themselves

  • Being able to provide them with assistance as needed

  • The "lightbulb" moments in which their eyes light up because they understand something

  • The scarcity of bullies

  • That I can explore new ways to provide knowledge

  • If we wish, we can travel during the week.

  • The opportunity for me to learn things I missed out on during my education

  • That we can do something fun or watch a movie marathon

  • That we can make the entire planet our classroom

  • I'm sleeping in!

  • The ability to empower

  • Putting our principles into action daily

  • Being able to witness my child's educational achievements firsthand



The Most Difficult Part of Homeschooling


  • Being constantly present with my children

  • hankering for mature discourse

  • Getting started because there is so much information available

  • Individuals that do not "get it."

  • Other people's critical remarks

  • There are too many things to do.

  • I have days where I'm too unwell to do much.

  • Trying to combine hobbies and studies while also cleaning the house

  • When our personalities conflict, I teach my children.

  • Getting organized with several school-aged children

  • That it's coming to an end all too soon

  • Keeping their focus on the task at hand Fear of failing them

  • Keeping them interested

  • Informing others about our decision

  • Mom is not taking a nap!

  • Keeping track of things

  • When kids go to college, they don't get drawn into all our freedom.

  • Finding time to relax

  • Keeping a record of what has been learned

  • Some of the compromises we must make for it to function

  • Underfoot: a toddler or a baby

  • Locating Special Needs Resources

  • Seeing your community's support for homeschooling dwindle

  • Having to deal with school registration

  • Having to work full-time outside the home while also homeschooling

  • Not being able to attempt every fantastic curriculum option

  • Making a Curriculum Decision

  • I'm reminding myself to make time for myself.

  • Days when you don't have enough tolerance

  • Unsupportive family members

  • I'm feeling a little behind schedule because there's so much to do.

  • I'm concerned that I'm not pushing them hard enough.


Do you agree with these responses? What do YOU think is the best and most difficult aspect of homeschooling?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Should We Do Holistic HomeSchooling? | HomeSchoolToGo

What Is Bilingual Homeschooling and How Does It Work?